Many thanks to Warsaw’s Secret Fitness Blog (http://warsawssecret.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/liebster-award-from-don-charisma) for nominating me for a Liebster award!!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Sorry for the delay in responding, but I am honored to have received this award and am touched that you included me, Warsaw!
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have 200 or less followers, and go to their blogs to notify them.
5. Answer 10 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 10 questions.
So, without further ado…
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I am a redhead, and yes, the carpet matches the drapes!
- I have a double uterus, which I discovered at age 18 when I went to Planned Parenthood to get the pill. Luckily, I still managed to have 3 kids, although one was a preemie and I was on bed rest for 3 months with the 3rd.
- Everyone else in my family of origin has brown hair and eyes, but I have red hair and blue eyes.
- I have a piercing in a sexy place.
- I loved to climb trees as a child, but I was (and still am) terrified of heights.
- My husband and I have an old Airstream trailer.
- I was involved in a fatal accident last January, the last car in a chain reaction accident. It wasn’t my fault, but I will never be the same.
- I would love to go to massage therapy school.
- I love learning new things!
- I think it is an honor and a privilege to be with someone while they are dying.
- I hate centipedes!
My 10 Blogger Nominees are:
2. An Open Book
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging after my husband had an affair, and I was struggling to make sense of it all. I have tapered off recently because I have come to peace with that chapter of my life. I have a lot of other things to explore, though, in order to live and love with all my might!
2. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
I have two dogs and two cats. They bring me great joy!
3. Who is your greatest supporter?
My husband, followed closely by my Mom, sister, younger brother, and a few friends I have known for over 40 years (I’m 55).
4. If you wrote a novel, what would it be about?
The good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful.
5. Have you ever read a book or seen a movie that mirrors your life? What was it?
6. Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter?
Spring. I love it when each day is a little longer, and I love seeing new life appearing everywhere!
7. Who is your favorite author?
I don’t have one favorite, but Ann Patchett is right up there!
8. What inspires you?
Love inspires me, and making the world better in big and small ways.
9. Fiction or Non-Fiction?
I love both! I am usually reading several books at the same time.
10. Milk or Dark chocolate?
Dark, of course!
My questions for the nominees are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What four words would you use to describe yourself?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to try but haven’t yet?
- What book should I be reading?
- What is the first thing you notice about others?
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- If you had to write a personal motto or mission statement, what would it be?
- City or country?
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories?